Avslut interview done by Patrick posted on 2-4-18
Interview with Avslut done by Patrick
1.Hails how are things going in Sweden these days?
-Freezing cold. We are working our asses off for the upcoming shows, as well as preparing forthe release of our anticipated album Deceptis which is set to hit the stores on February 23rd.
2. When did you first discover black metal music and who were the first bands you listened to?
-The first time I came in contact with Black Metal was back in the mid 90’s when the releases of Dimmu Borgir’s "For All Tid" and Dark Funeral’s "In The Sign" hit the world. Thereafter it escalated with bands like Mayhem, Burzum , Darkthrone, Setherial , Marduk and Dissection to mention a few.
3. Avslut was started in 2016 what gave you the idea to start this band? What is the current line up of the band?
-Initially, the band was just thought of as a project including only two people: Christian who would play the guitar and do the vocals, and Oscar behind the drums.
The only purpose of the project was to record an EP, release it ourselves, and not do much more of this.
Meanwhile we felt we had to have two guitarists in the band to get the songs together as we desired. Eddie was the first person who came to our minds because we thought he could definitely contribute and deliver the right sound for the band. Eddie and Christian used to play together in a Death metal band at that time so they were good friends.
At this point the songs that would end up on the EP Vanskapt was written but still with the intention to remain a project rather than a band.
Vanskapt got fantastic response and the first request to play a live show started the discussion to actually form a band and start performing the material. Dennis was invited to the rehearsal place and the connection was instant. The first live show took place at a Venue called “Oden" in Karlskrona with two other acts called “Fruset Rike" and “Onda Makter". Christian realized pretty quickly that playing guitar and singing will not work because of his carpal tunnel syndrome. The search for a session guitar member was on since the band had another show booked at “Copperfields" in Stockholm. Christian reached out to and old friend that agreed to play some upcoming shows but later couldn’t resist to continue as a fulltime member. Simon was now a part of Avslut from now on. This created an opportunity for Christian to focus on his vocals and writing material.
4. Who would you say are Avslut's biggest influences?
-It is more a question of what and not who, the world around us is as fascinating as it is dark and repulsive. Digging in to Christians misantrophic mind might answer that question.
5. Deceptis is Avsluts debut release which is being released through Osmose Prod. how did you all come in contact with this legendary label?
- We were contacted by a lot of small Labels that was uninteresting, which of course comes with the industry. We wanted something solid and people who understand our vision and represent us properly.
We mailed to Osmose Productions and received a response from them. They were interested and took us by surprise when they instantly wanted to produce and distribute Vanskapt on vinyl. Deceptis and Terra Mater that originally was intended to be released on the full album Deceptis was included as bonus tracks.
With that kind of dedication we was impressed and are very satisfied and proud to be working with Osmose Productions.
6. Does the whole band take part in the writing process or does one member usually write everything?
-Christian and Eddie are writing most of the songs but always discusses with the whole band before deciding. We also send pre-production demos back and forth within the band, exchanging ideas and so on.
7. Who usually takes care of writing the lyrics and what are some subjects written about on the debut release?
-Eddie and Christian write’s all the lyrics together. The lyrics often come from the inner wrath that burns within, about people who meet the lies, and the falsity of this disgusting world. A lot of hatred and misery.
8. Besides the upcoming Deceptis release does the band have anymore merchandise available for the readers? If yes what is available and where can the readers buy it?
Head over to www.Helloil.com where we have t-shirts, zip-hoodies, tank tops and patches available!
9. Are there any shows or tours coming up in support of the debut release? If yes where will the band be playing and who are some bands you will be sharing the stage with?
-We are planning a release-show in Stockholm, Sweden (more to be announced very soon.)
Upcoming shows: February 24th: Reykjavik [Iceland ] together with our Norwegian brothers in Nordjevel.
March 3d: Prague [Czech Republic] with Hypothermia.
10. What does black metal mean to you?
-A hard Question to answer, because i can literally write 10 pages out of this .
However, I have had it in my veins since the mid 90’s and it has prepared me for many battles in life ...
11. Besides playing in Avslut do you or any of the members currently play in any other bands or solo projects?
Oscar is also playing with other bands, In Reverence and Overtorture, but has main focus on Avslut.
12. Thank you for filling this interview out do you have any final words for the readers?
Thank you all for the massive support during this two amazing years for Avslut. Many more years to come!
A big thanks to our label Osmose Productions for the work on Deceptis and our next album.
We also thank: Sverker Widgren, Vladimir Vasak, Viktor Bingselius "Legion Crew"
Jens Ryden, Yngve Bolt Christiansen, Moshpit Couture "TERROR"
Inquiries and Support for "Violent Demise Web-zine" can be directed to: email@example.com https://twitter.com/PDeathras...