Interview with Blood Of The Wolf done by Patrick posted on 3-6-18
Interview with Mike vocalist and guitarist of Blood Of The Wolf done by Patrick
1. Hails Mike please introduce yourself to the readers and how are things going with you this week?
I’m Mike from Blood of the Wolf. I play guitar and do vocals for the band and write the music. My week is going good.
2. At what age did you first start listening to metal music and who were the first bands you listened to? Who are some of your current favorite bands?
I started listening to metal when I was about 10. I listened to bands like Iron Maiden, Metallica, Anthrax and SOD. I also listened to some of the more “accessible” bands at that time, bands that were on radio, like Motley Crue and Skid Row. My favorite bands now are Vader, God Dethroned, Marduk, Dark Funeral, Belphegor, Infernal War and many others.
3. Mike you all started Blood Of the Wolf in 2013 what gave you the idea to start this band? And how did you choose Blood of the Wolf as the name of the band?
There wasn’t really an idea to start the band. I’m first and foremost a writer of metal music and so the songs came first. Once I had a collection of songs to make a full-length record I decided to put a band together. The name “Blood of the Wolf” was a band name I had for awhile before the band even started.
4. What is the current line-up of the band? Who would you say are Blood Of The Wolf's biggest influences?
The current line-up is the best the band has ever had. It’s me on guitar and vocals, Frank Garcia on guitar, Chris Grimes on bass and Rick Hernandez on drums. Our influences are the same bands I mentioned above.
5. I believe both of your releases are self released would the band like to find a label to work with or do you prefer to self release your music?
You are correct, they are self-released. We’d love to have label support!
6. II:Campaign Of Extermination is the bands second full length release how long did it take the band to write the music for the new release?
Some of those songs were written about four years ago. Some are more recent. I like to keep writing and have a sort of back catalog. So I’m already working on the third album and generating ideas for the fourth. My comfort zone is to be under no pressure to write.
7. Mike you handle the vocals for the band so I assume you handle writing the lyrics for the music. What are some subjects you wrote about on the new release?
I do write the lyrics. The lyrical topics include war, mythology, honor, strength, conquest, power…
8. Besides the new release does the band have any other merchandise available for the readers to buy? If yes what is available and where can the readers purchase the merchandise?
Yes, we have shirts, hoodies, patches, stickers and our first CD for sale. Get in touch with us through our Facebook page at:https://www.facebook.com/bloodofthewolfmusic/
9.Does Blood Of The Wolf play very many live shows? What have been some of the bands most memorable shows so far?
We’ve played quite a few shows so far. Some that stick out are Incantation at Beat Kitchen in Chicago, Morta Skuld at Metal Grill in Milwaukee and Marduk at The Forge in Joliet.
10.Are their any tours or shows planned in support of II:Campaign Of Extermination if yes where will the band be playing?
No tours, but we are playing a record release show at Livewire Lounge in Chicago on April 7th, 2018.
11.Blood Of The Wolf comes out of Chicago's black, death metal scene what is your opinion of the scene in Illinois?
Well, there’s A LOT of bands in Chicago which is both good and bad. There’s plenty of shows on almost any weekend, which is a good thing. The bad side is that the fans can be very picky as they have a lot of choices. Chicago is a huge city so we get all the national touring acts, again, a good thing. But, again, fans get to be picky. Let me give you an example. Last night Watain played with Destroyer 666. TomorrowSeptic Flesh and Dark Funeral are playing. Then we have a show next weekend with Avernus, Morta Skuld and Disinter. There’s always something going on!
12.Who are some of your all-time favorite bands who come out of Illinois?And are their any new bands you could recommend to the readers?
Out of Chicago some of my all time favorites would be Gorgasm, Fleshgrind, Disinter, Forest of Impaled and Kommandant. I recommend you check out God Dementia, Withering Soul, Asphyxiator, Imperial Savagery and Lethal Shock.
13.When not working on new music or band business what do you like to do in your free time?
The band is pretty much all I do in my free time! It’s my passion.
14.Thank you Mike for taking the time to fill this interview out do you have any final comments for the readers?
Thanks for the interview. Check out our music and buy a shirt!
Inquiries and Support for "Violent Demise Web-zine" can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org https://twitter.com/PDeathras...